Global Affiliate Scholarship
PFIC patients and families exist around the world. Locally embedded advocates understand their PFIC community’s country-specific needs, and are therefore optimally positioned to communicate with and provide relevant resources for the patients and families in their home countries. We encourage these international advocates to register with PFIC Network as Global Affiliates so we can support and amplify their local efforts. With this Global Affiliate Scholarship ($1,000 USD maximum) we aim to equip these patient leaders with the resources they need to have a positive impact in their home countries.
Examples of possible scholarship use:
- In-person, regional PFIC community meetings and networking events
- Travel stipends for conferences involving subject matter pertaining to PFIC and related diseases, hepatology, rare disease, and patient advocacy
- Travel stipends for advocacy visits to government offices
- Fees associated with registering for formal/legal charity status
- Local PFIC affiliate website creation
Have an idea you don’t see here? Please contact us! We are open to funding a variety of patient education and advocacy related projects.
Who can apply?
A PFIC community member who has proven dedication to the PFIC Network and its mission. Priority will be given to applicants who are current registered PFIC Network Global Affiliates or who are working towards Affiliate status.
There are (2) funding cycles per calendar year, in spring and fall. Applications are accepted year-round.